Pages

Monday 16 January 2017

Summer learning journey week 2 day 7 bonus

For this task I had to choose whether or not breakfast is the most important meal of the day or not. Some say yes since people who eat breakfast will have more energy, think more clearly, do better at school and allow you to be healthier than those who don't eat breakfast; others say that breakfast will make you gain more weight and become unhealthy since people eat to much at breakfast.

I have to say that I cannot choose whether or not it is better to have breakfast. I have synthesized by looking at both sides of the subject to try to form a new opinion. I have to say that if you want to be better at schoolwork you will go with the breakfast opinion and if you want to be healthier and better at sports then you should skip breakfast.

My opinion would be going with both since they are each important in different ways but, I would say breakfast is slightly better since it gives you a better chance at becoming successful in life. Skipping breakfast in my opinion is the second priority since it will help you become healthier and better sports. So I would eat breakfast for most of the days and skip it for some.

3 comments:

Willy L. said...

Hey Harry,

Nice to see you blogging again, nice!

I quite like your stance on whether breakfast is the most important meal. It's pretty interesting in the reasons you explained from both sides of the argument. In my opinion, I would rather think that breakfast would be the most important meal of the day.

I've done some brief research and I've gathered that having breakfast in the morning has a couple of health benefits, especially for sports people!

Good work! Continue on blogging!
-Willy

Unknown said...

Hi Harry,

It is great to see you blogging again! I really like the way that you read through this activity and thought carefully about the question. It is a difficult one to answer and, while I believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I can see why others disagree. Personally, I find that eating breakfast in the morning is a great way to give your body the energy (fuel) that is needs to get going. It helps your muscles and your brain to wake up and be ready to tackle the challenges that lay ahead of you. Athletes definitely eat breakfast as they need a lot of energy to fuel their muscles. One of my friends is a long distance runner and she will sometimes have two full bowls of porridge, eggs, wholemeal toast and a protein shake in the morning before she starts her training. If she doesn't eat, she starts to feel light headed and sick to her stomach. She also finds that she isn't able to run as far or as fast as she'd like to because her body is starving about a full night of sleeping and fasting (not eating).

Did you know that the word 'breakfast' literally means to 'break' the 'fast'? People created it years ago when they were looking for a term that could describe the process of breaking the overnight fast.

Thanks for posting such a thoughtful blog, Harry. You have certainly made me think carefully about the question and about the benefits of eating a healthy and delicious breakfast!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

daniel said...

Hi Harry
I totally agree with you. Breakfast is most like the most important meal of the day. If I don't eat breakfast in the morning I can't concentrate if I am in school. Nice job.
Daniel

Post a Comment