Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Day 1 Activity 1

For activity one, it said if I was alive during the first olympics which one would I chose. Out of: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing or pentathlon. I chose wrestling, because running would be running a lot (more info in the link). Boxing and pankration are a bit too violent, someone could break a bone or lose something like their life while in wrestling you can just admit defeat and quit. Pentathlon was running, long jump, discus, javelin and wrestling. I didn't chose that one because I would be wrestling and doing four more activities if I chose that. I didn't chose horse racing because you can get a serious injury which can probably happen in wrestling as well, but sometimes in horse racing you can die in it while you can avoid fate by quitting. Unless you stay in for too long.

5 comments:

Nesi said...

Hi Harry,

WOW! I guess I didn't really think about it like that. I chose to do horse racing but I think I still want to do it. Don't you think they would have the gear for that. I think there wont be an injury for horse racing. Keep up the great learning.

aminiasi said...

Hello Harry, for me I think that wrestling is as violent as boxing because you can get badly hurt and you can possibly die. I think this but this is your work.

Unknown said...

Hi guys,

I am so happy to see that you are all online, blogging and commenting on each other's work. I think that you have each made a number of valid points and raised some interesting questions. I, too, wonder if wrestling wouldn't be quite dangerous and violent. I suppose it would depend a lot on how it was referred and on what the rules of combat were. I would personally choose running as it seems like it would be the least hazardous! I am not a great runner but I think that I could manage to get from one side of the stadium to the other (fingers crossed!).

I will look forward to many more discussions over the next few weeks. Keep up the great blogging and the awesome commenting!

Cheers, Rachel

Harry said...

Hi Nesi, Aj and Rachel, it was difficult to decide the safest and easiest for most of them were dangerous and some of them hard.

Harry said...

Also I wouldn't have enough stamina for the racing ones, so that is why I didn't chose racing.

Post a Comment