Pages

Saturday 21 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 10 Activity 1

This activity requires me to view this time table from the diary of a German student I need to compare it with what I usually do in my school.

Time
Day 1
Day 2
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Math
German
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
History
Religion
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Break
Break
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
English
Music
10:25-11:10 a.m.
English
French
11:10-11:30 p.m.
Break
Break
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
Art
Physical Education
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Science
Science
I have to say that they do more work than we do in school, they also have less time for breaks but they end earlier by 2 hours. I'm not too sure which one I would prefer since school in New Zealand have less subjects which means less homework to worry about but school ends later. In Germany they try to allow you to become successful students which means a better chance for a successful life. It was a tough choice but in the end I think I would rather prefer an NZ school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I really like the way that you carefully considered your options and decided on the NZ education system. It is a hard call as the German system is excellent. It also allows for more time off in the afternoon and gives you space to do your homework before dinner. I personally love the idea of starting school at 8:00 a.m. and finishing at 1:00 p.m. but I am a morning person so the early start wouldn't be an issue for me. Are you a morning person, Harry? Would you mind starting school at 8:00 a.m.?

Cheers!
Rachel

daniel said...

Hi Harry
It's great how you added why you would prefer to go to a New Zealand school instead of a German school. Nice job!
Daniel

Post a Comment