Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Day 4 Bonus

Bonus:  The New Zealand Olympic Team has created a video called #Be The Inspiration. They have posted it on the homepage of their website (on the left hand side). Watch the Be the Inspiration video and then post a critique of the video on your blog. In your critique tell us what you liked about the video and what you didn’t like. It is very common for movie reviewers to use stars to indicate how much they liked a movie. A rating of * = very bad movie, ** = bad movie, *** = okay movie, **** = good movie, and ***** = very good movie. At the end of your critique, please provide a rating for the Be The Inspiration movie.

I liked the way it is also persuading us to be the inspiration, I liked a lot of what the narrator said one of them was: "So join us under the same stars of the southern cross, be the reason our athletes train be the reason they compete, the reason they win." My Rating (opinion): ****/***** (4/5) so it was a good movie (or clip since it is short).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Harry,

Wow, I really like the way that you have inserted direct quotes from the clip into your blog. I also found the message in the movie to be quite inspirational. When we quote sentences directly from a movie or book, we just need to put quotation marks around them. That way other people know that we are quoting something and that the words we are writing are not our own, original words.

For example, you could write "So join us under the same stars of the southern cross. Be the reason our athletes...Be the reasons they compete, the reason they win."

I think that you are doing a really great job with this programme, Harry. I often see your comments on other student's blogs and I am so pleased! You are posting thoughtful, positive and inspiring comments that are motivating your friends and classmates to do their best. You are playing an important role in their learning. Well done, Harry!

Keep it up :)

Rachel

Harry said...

Hi Rachel.

I added quotation marks and filled in the word I was missing. If something is wrong, let me know.

Unknown said...

Hi Harry,

I am so pleased to see that you've made the adjustments that I suggested. Your post is looking more professional than ever. It is not easy to accept feedback from someone else but you have done it really nicely. Great work, Harry. I'm really impressed.

Cheers!

Rachel

Post a Comment