Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Day 1 Bonus

Activity: During the ancient Olympic Games, men were allowed to compete but women were not. In fact, women were often forbidden from even watching the games. In your opinion, is this a fair rule? Why or why not? On your blog please tell us what you think about this interesting rule.

In my opinion having a rule where women cannot compete is not fair, because they should also have a chance at winning something but also not being able to watch the games is just crazy! It doesn't matter what colour we are what gender we are, we are all humans. So in my opinion no, it is not fair

3 comments:

aminiasi said...

Hello Harry, I strongly agree that it was really really crazy that women were not even allowed to watch. I thought that this rule was very stupid.

Unknown said...

Harry (and AJ), I couldn't agree more! I also think that the 'No Girls Allowed' rule is very unfair. Women are completely capable of participating in the Olympics and of being very elite athletes. I am so glad that the modern day Olympic committee agrees and has allowed both men and women to compete in the games for the past 100 years.

Speaking of the modern Olympics, will you be watching any of the upcoming Olympic games on TV, Harry? I hope so! I am really looking forward to watching our athletes from New Zealand compete in the games. I hope that they are able to do their best and achieve their dream of a medal. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how they do...

Cheers, Rachel



Harry said...

Hi Rachel, I don't think I will be able to watch the games on TV since my TV doesn't have the um... I forgot what it was but I don't have it so I can't watch it on TV, maybe I can watch the olympic games on Youtube?

Post a Comment