Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

My time at the Tamaki River

Tuesday 5th November Rooms 5, 6,7, 8 and 9 went to Panmure Basin. It was only the seniors who went to the Panmure Basin. Angel, Fine and Caitlin took pictures of the Tamaki River and Rotary Walkway. We went across a bridge it was very scary to me because we were very high. I wasn’t sure about the other people in my class most of them seemed to be okay and some of them looked like as if they were frightened too. I felt like the bridge was going to get lose and we would all fall in the water. We passed some exercise equipment for people. Only Room 8 got to try out the equipment. We only got to go on one piece of the equipment. We had crossed a small wooden bridge. I went there before and when I passed it I saw a log that looked like a crocodile. It used to be on the tree branch, now it was in the water. At last we had morning tea for 20 minutes. As we were walking to the Tamaki River one of my classmates called Lorenzo looked down on the road below us and his hat fell off. Luckily it did not get blown away.


We went on a higher bridge and saw some boats on the water. This felt like the bridge we went on earlier and then we stopped. I had not known why but then when our teacher asked us “Whose hat is that?”. We all turned around. Then someone said “That hat was one of my classmates, her name is Fine”. We could not get her hat as it was stuck on the road, so we left it behind. Once we crossed the bridge the class behind us crossed the big bridge also. One of these students also lost their hat, so they also left it behind. As we were walking down we saw a person cleaning his boat. It smelled like fish, as if the boat was a fish. I did not like that part either and it was so exhausting. While we were walking we went past Latham’s house. His house was near the river I felt like I could not take another step soon. We stopped for a break. Mrs Anderson decided to have make us partners with Room 8. My partner was AJ. AJ and I are friends. We were walking and walking I felt like I was covered with fire.

Finally we had lunch except when we had lunch it started to rain. Luckily there was some shelter. When it stopped raining most of us went to the exercising spot. I tried using exercise equipment. We had to wait for three buses. Two of them came, it took a while for the third bus to come. I thought we would have the bus all to ourselves but we didn’t. We had to share with Room 9. At last we could take a break. When we got to school we had to go to the school hall to have some ice blocks. My ice block was lemonade flavour. It tasted had a lemon taste. It was a long walk. I am happy now that we don’t need to walk anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment