Pages

Sunday 10 July 2016

Day 2 Activity 2

Activity: New Zealand is also known for many famous landmarks, including the SkyTower and the Harbour Bridge. In your blog list 3 famous landmarks in New Zealand. Along with the name of each landmark provide a brief description of it. Where is the landmark located? In your opinion, why is it famous?

1: Wai-O-Tapu. Is located in Waiotapu which is south of Rotorua. Wai-O-Tapu is a place where there is a mue pool, a geyser (called Lady Knox) that erupts up to 10-20 meters and multi coloured pools.
I think it is famous because of the wonderful landscape that was shaped by volcanic activity around 1000 years ago.

2: Waitomo Caves. It is located in Waitomo. Waitomo caves are just around two hours south of auckland. In my opinion it is famous because of the fact that it is a solutional cave system which I like and a village which is interesting.

3: Sky tower. The Sky tower is in Auckland. The sky tower is the tallest man made structure in NZ, from there you can spot volcanoes, landmarks, etc. You can also dine in one of three restaurants or cafes and also see the view. In my opinion I think it is because it is the tallest man-made structure in NZ and allows views of the city.

5 comments:

aminiasi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aminiasi said...

Hello Harry, these three landmarks are very interesting and have good information. Harry have you ever been in the Sky Tower.

Unknown said...

Good question, AJ! I have only been to the Sky Tower a few times and I really loved it. My son, Aronui, took me out for Mother's Day to the restaurant at the top of the Sky Tower that revolves around. It is pretty amazing!

What about you, Harry? Have you ever been? I have had a few friends come to visit from Canada who have also gone to the Sky Tower to bungee jump off the side. I went to watch them and I thought that they were very brave. I don't think that I could do it! Could you?

Cheers, Rachel

Harry said...

Hi Rachel and AJ. No I have not been in the sky tower before and I don't think I would be able to bungee jump off the sky tower either.

Unknown said...

Hi Harry,

Thanks for replying! I think that we're all pretty smart to avoid leaping head first off of the Sky Tower. I'm sure that it must be a pretty thrilling feeling to fly through space tethered only to a small bungee cord but I'm totally okay with never having that experience! I'd rather keep my feet firmly planted on the ground :)

Ziplining, on the other hand, is something that I have always wanted to try. What about you?

Cheers, Rachel :)

Post a Comment